LATEST:

All my current activity in relation writing SFF stories can be found at my website, www.robincmduncan.com Hyperlink in the post below.

Labels

Film (70) Music (12) Photography (6) Television (1) Writing (3)

Monday 20 April 2009

By way of introduction...

The title of this blog is a song by Nine Inch Nails, from the 2005 album 'With Teeth' on Interscope. You can expect to hear a lot about NIN in here for the simple reason that Trent Reznor is one of my great sources of inspiration. If you don't know NIN you will find it a love/hate thing I expect (strong reaction one way or the other), but I think it is impossible to deny the unique voice that Mr. Reznor has, evinced by the broad range of artists that he influences, from the usual metal/industrial suspects, to country greats, for it was he who created 'Hurt' which Johnny Cash covered so movingly. See them at T in the Park this year, at the MEN or the O2. http://www.nin.com/

...and I suppose I should apologise for my photo. Please do not mistake it for a homage to south-central gangstas, twas take just before taking the stage with Taunt at Moorings Bar in Aberdeen - people do funny things before playing music in front of a room 'full' of people. Alas poor Taunt, more of which later, but if you just can't wait there's http://www.taunt.co.uk/

1 comment: